Jump to Main Content
- Weatherton, Linda K., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care 2017 v.27 no.5 pp. 596-604
- Nerium oleander; arrhythmia; dogs; females; immunoglobulins; long term effects; poisoning; poisonous plants
- ... OBJECTIVE: To describe a case in which digoxin‐specific immune Fab was used successfully in a dog with severe oleander toxicosis secondary to ingesting plant material. CASE SUMMARY: A 6‐year‐old intact female Rhodesian Ridgeback mixed breed dog was presented for severe oleander toxicosis and was refractory to all antiarrhythmic therapies and supportive care. Digoxin‐specific immune Fab was success ...
- Weatherton, Linda K., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care 2009 v.19 no.6 pp. 617-622
- dogs; dog diseases; pancreatitis; medical treatment; blood plasma; freezing; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); disease course; disease severity; mortality; case studies
- ... Compare outcome of dogs that did and did not receive fresh frozen plasma (FFP) for treatment of pancreatitis. Retrospective case series between 1995 and 2005. University referral hospital. Seventy-four dogs were enrolled with a total of 77 cases as 2 dogs had repeat episodes of pancreatitis. Diagnosis of pancreatitis was based on clinical signs, physical examination, and abdominal ultrasonographic ...