Jump to Main Content
- Wen, Meijun, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental technology & innovation 2019 v.15 pp. 100376
- absorption; acidity; activation energy; catalysts; distillation; energy conservation; ethylene oxide; models; porous media; reaction kinetics; sulfuric acid; zeolites
- ... Using a mineral acid, such as sulfuric acid, as a catalyst would cause serious environmental contamination. The use of such an acid requires subsequent distillation despite its efficiency to catalyze the absorption of ethylene oxide (EO) exhaust by water. This paper reports an energy-saving and environmentally friendly strategy to replace mineral acid with solid acid. Microporous silicon–aluminum ...
- Wen, Meijun, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.693 pp. 133393
- Cunninghamia lanceolata; Eucalyptus; Pinus massoniana; absorbance; acidity; ammonium nitrogen; chemical oxygen demand; color; death; dissolved organic matter; dissolved oxygen; dry season; environmental hazards; environmental impact; fish; iron; leaves; light intensity; logging; nitrate nitrogen; phosphorus; plantations; ponds; rain; rivers; runoff; streams; tannins
- ... Black runoff occasionally flows from cutover areas of Eucalyptus plantations, polluting rivers and ponds, and resulting in fish death in severe cases. However, the occurrence patterns and environmental impacts of this black water remain unclear. Herein, we analyzed the major characteristics of black water at the occurrence sites, tested the complexation reaction of ground eucalyptus leaves with a ...