Jump to Main Content
- Whiteley, PL, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Australian veterinary journal 2017 v.95 no.7 pp. 244-249
- Sarcoptes scabiei; agricultural sciences; histopathology; human resources; mites; necropsy; scabies; state government; tissues; veterinarians; wildlife; South Australia; Victoria (Australia)
- ... OBJECTIVE: To describe outbreaks of sarcoptic mange caused by Sarcoptes scabiei in free‐ranging koalas in Victoria (December 2008 to November 2015) and South Australia (October 2011 to September 2014). METHODS: Koalas affected by mange‐like lesions were reported by wildlife carers, veterinary practitioners or State Government personnel to the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences at The ...
- Whiteley, PL, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Australian veterinary journal 2014 v.92 no.12 pp. 504-508
- Macropus giganteus; Phalaris; brain stem; case studies; discoloration; granules; grazing; head; melanin; neurons; pastures; pigmentation; ruminants; spinal cord; thalamus; toxicity
- ... CASE REPORT: Seven eastern grey kangaroos (Macropus giganteus) grazing pastures including Phalaris spp. in Victoria showed neurological deficits characterised by ataxia, head tremors and collapse. Gross examination of the brains and spinal cords of affected kangaroos showed a greenish discolouration in several regions of the grey matter. Histologically, intracytoplasmic accumulation of pigment gra ...