Jump to Main Content
- Wiemer, Dorothea Franziska, et al. Show all 17 Authors
- Acta tropica 2019 v.190 pp. 293-295
- EDTA (chelating agent); Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica; automation; bacteria; binding properties; blood; blood flow; blood sampling; loop-mediated isothermal amplification; oligodeoxyribonucleotides; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; tropics; typhoid fever
- ... Typhoid fever, caused by the bacterium Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar Typhi, is an important cause of blood stream infections in the tropics, for which easy-to-apply molecular diagnostic approaches are desirable. The diagnostic performance of a newly introduced and a previously described loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) approach using different primer sets on a Genie II M ...
- Wiemer, Dorothea Franziska, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Acta tropica 2018 v.179 pp. 25-35
- Human immunodeficiency virus 1; Human immunodeficiency virus 2; acquired immunodeficiency syndrome; antimalarials; antiretroviral agents; basins; chemoprevention; forests; immunosuppression; malaria; mixed infection; pandemic; parasites; Cameroon; Central African Republic; Gabon; Western Africa
- ... Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is the causative agent of the Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS). The pandemic is believed to have originated within the Northern Congo basin covering large parts of the Democratic Republic of Congo, the Republic of Congo, the Central African Republic, Cameroon and Gabon. Although over decades, HIV-1 has spread throughout the World leaving no country unaff ...