Jump to Main Content
- Wiesfeld, Jan J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry & engineering 2019 v.7 no.8 pp. 7552-7562
- acidity; catalysts; catalytic activity; chemical industry; glucose; hydroxymethylfurfural; porous media; sol-gel processing; surface area; temperature; tungsten oxide
- ... Glucose valorization to 5-hydroxymethylfurfural (5-HMF) remains a challenging conversion that is highly relevant in the transition toward a sustainable chemical industry. Lewis acidic tungstite is a viable, moderately active catalyst for glucose upgrading to 5-HMF but suffers from low surface area and weak Brønsted acidity. A facile nontemplated sol–gel process produces a mesoporous substoichiomet ...
- Wiesfeld, Jan J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Organic letters 2014 v.16 no.7 pp. 1864-1867
- aniline; chemical structure; hydrolysis; microwave treatment; porphyrins
- ... A₃B-type meso-(4-carboxyphenyl) porphyrins were prepared either by stepwise coupling of aniline substituents to meso-tetrakis(4-carboxyphenyl) porphyrin (TCPP) or by utilizing its partially protected trimethyl ester derivative. We demonstrate the high utility of this building block, which can be synthesized in very good yields by microwave-assisted Me₃SnOH hydrolysis. ...