Jump to Main Content
- Williams, Austin M.
- Ecological economics 2019 v.163 pp. 42-51
- air; air pollution; at-risk population; defensive behavior; education; health status; insurance; recreation; risk; surveys; water pollution
- ... Air and water pollution impose substantial health costs on exposed populations. Individuals frequently engage in behaviors aimed at reducing this exposure, and these actions have associated costs. I use survey data to assess which types of individuals are most likely to engage in defensive behaviors and how this response varies over multiple types of environmental risk. Further, I assess the econo ...
- Williams, Austin, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2019 v.662 pp. 111-120
- cyanides; denaturation; erythrocytes; heme; hemoglobin; hemolysis; hydrogen peroxide; inflammation; nitrites; oxidants; oxidation; pH; toxicity
- ... Toxicity mediated by free heme has emerged as an important element of end organ injuries and adverse outcomes in critically ill disease states. Free heme is thought to be derived from oxidative denaturation of free hemoglobin, secondary to red cell hemolysis. In this study, we evaluated the ability of oxidants (H2O2, nitrite, peroxynitrite and hypochlorous acid) formed during inflammation to cause ...
- Williams, Austin K., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biomacromolecules 2012 v.13 no.5 pp. 1429-1437
- cytotoxicity; engineering; humans; hyaluronic acid; ligands; oligosaccharides; polymers; primary amines; stem cells; transfection; zeta potential; zwitterions
- ... In this work, the effects of primary amines, ligand targeting, and overall charge on the effectiveness of branched poly(ethylenimine)-hyaluronic acid conjugate (bPEI-HA) zwitterionic gene delivery vectors are investigated. To elucidate the relative importance of each of these parameters, we explored the zeta potential, cytotoxicity, and transfection efficiency for a variety of formulations of bPEI ...
- PubMed Central: