Jump to Main Content
- Winstone, Bethany, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Agroecology and sustainable food systems 2019 v.43 no.4 pp. 409-428
- basins; educational status; farmers; horticulture; land management; research projects; soil properties; soil quality; Brazil
- ... This research project sought a better understanding of how Northeastern Brazilian small operation horticultural farmers learn about their soils and how this is translated into land management practices. The organic farmers, who had higher educational levels and training, were more likely to perceive soil characteristics as important soil health indicators and to have a more intricate relationship ...
- Winstone, Bethany C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Soil & tillage research 2019 v.185 pp. 70-76
- bulk density; computed tomography; core sampling; corn; crop rotation; isotropy; no-tillage; peeling; plows; soil aggregates; soil structure; Ontario
- ... The characterization of soil aggregates and structure has been tedious and intrusive in the past. A typical analysis of soil structure is done through bulk density, aggregate density or manual aggregate erosion. X-ray computed tomography (CT), is a non-invasive technique that can be used to understand the spatial configuration and nature of soil components, and how they are related to soil process ...