Jump to Main Content
- Wirz, D., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Thermochimica acta 2013 v.555 pp. 64-71
- drugs; environmental science; growth models; microbial growth; pathogens; soil science; tissue engineering
- ... Over the last 10 years use of isothermal microcalorimetry in the biological and biomedical field has been a increasing. Several biomedical applications such as detection and characterization of pathogens, drug testing, parasitology, and tissue engineering have been investigated. Similarly in environmental science isothermal microcalorimetry has been shown to provide insight in soil science or in g ...
- Wirz, D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of applied microbiology 2011 v.111 no.4 pp. 1016-1024
- calorimetry; developing countries; equipment; heat production; microbiology; monitoring; tetrazolium; tuberculosis
- ... Aims: The objective of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of microcalorimetry in rapid detection of mycobacterium species using an inexpensive Isothermal microcalorimetry (IMC) instrument. In addition, we compared microcalorimetry with conventional monitoring techniques. Methods and Results: Isothermal microcalorimetry measures heat production rate and can provide rapid detection of livi ...