Jump to Main Content
- Wise, Laura, et al. Show all 26 Authors
- Fish and fisheries 2018 v.19 no.2 pp. 363-376
- collaborative management; computer simulation; cost effectiveness; ecosystems; fisheries; fishery resources; planning; stakeholders
- ... We present a framework for results‐based management (RBM) of commercial fisheries. The core idea of RBM is to reduce micromanagement by delegating management responsibility to resource users. The RBM framework represents an industrial organization approach to co‐management and comprises three defining processes, conducted by three independent “agents”: (i) an “authority” defines specific and measu ...
- Wise, Laura, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological modelling 2012 v.228 pp. 112-122
- fisheries; fishermen; fishing boats; managers; models; scientists
- ... As managers and fishery scientists become increasingly aware of the need to understand fishermens’ behaviour when faced with new management strategies, there is a growing need to develop models that describe their decision-making processes and tools that are able to simulate the possible outcomes of alternative management scenarios. This paper shows how data collected on board fishing vessels, a s ...
- Wise, Laura E., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Life sciences 2013 v.92 no.8-9 pp. 498-505
- acylglycerol lipase; antagonists; cannabinoids; carrageenan; edema; fatty acids; mice; models; nociception; pain; prostaglandin synthase; receptors
- ... AIM: The present study tested whether the selective monoacylglycerol lipase (MAGL) inhibitor JZL184 would reduce allodynia and paw edema in the carrageenan test. MAIN METHODS: The anti-edematous and anti-allodynic effects of JZL184 were compared to those of PF-3845, an inhibitor of fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH), and diclofenac, a non-selective cyclooxygenase inhibitor. Cannabinoid receptor inv ...
- PubMed Central: