Jump to Main Content
- Wojciuch-Ploskonka, Marta, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Crop protection 2017 v.93 pp. 106-112
- agricultural land; crop damage; crops; farmers; forests; grains; grasslands; habitat fragmentation; hunters; income; population density; rapeseed; wild boars; wildlife damage management; Poland
- ... Increasing wild boar damage to farmlands has resulted in a growing conflict between farmers and hunters in north-eastern Poland. The objective of this study was to evaluate wild boar crop damage and compensation as well as the fiscal balance of wild boar management over an area of 1867.2 km2, with 27.4% fragmented forests. During 2011–2013, the total area of farmland damaged by wild boar (1365 cas ...
- Wojciuch‐Ploskonka, Marta, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Pest management science 2013 v.69 no.3 pp. 362-366
- age structure; agricultural land; boars; correlation; crop damage; crops; foods; forest stands; forests; meat carcasses; population density; reproduction; trees; wild boars; Poland
- ... BACKGROUND: There was an unchecked increase in wild boar population and in the damaged crops in Poland in 2010, and the amount of compensation reached €12.4 million. The objective of the present study was to establish the factors affecting boar‐related damage and to verify the effectiveness of protective strips used again wild boar pressure upon fields. RESULTS: Damage was positively correlated wi ...