Jump to Main Content
- Wood, Amy L., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Aquaculture 2019 pp. 734226
- Synodontis; antagonists; aquaculture; bioactive properties; dopamine; eggs; farms; fecundity; gonadotropin-releasing hormone; hatching; industry; larvae; mortality; ornamental fish; ovulation; salmon; spawning; species diversity
- ... Efficacy, reliability, and safety are of principal concern for spawning aids used in reproduction protocols for aquaculture species. Ovaprim®, a salmon gonadotropin releasing hormone analog (sGnRH IIIa, D-Arg6-Pro9-Net, 20 μg/mL) and a dopamine antagonist (Domperidone, 10 mg/mL), is currently the preferred choice for induction spawning of ornamental fishes. However, this preparation may be unrelia ...
- Woods, Amy L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied physiology, nutrition and metabolism 2017 v.42 no.6 pp. 672-676
- altitude; body composition; energy intake; metabolism; resting metabolic rate
- ... Four elite rowers completed a 12-day altitude training camp living at 1800 m, and training at 1800 m and 915 m, to assess changes in resting metabolic rate (RMR). RMR and body composition were assessed pre- and postcamp. Downward trends in RMR and body composition were observed postaltitude: absolute RMR (percent change: –5.2%), relative RMR (–4.6%), body mass (–1.2%), and fat mass (–4.1%). These ...