Jump to Main Content
- Woods, Leilani L., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.53 no.1 pp. 296-306
- carbonates; ethane; ethylene; groundwater; inorganic carbon; iron; longevity; maximum contaminant level; methane; methane production; methanogens; mineralization; organochlorine compounds; stable isotopes; vinyl chloride
- ... This study provides a twenty-two-year record of in situ degradation of chlorinated organic compounds by a granular iron permeable reactive barrier (PRB). Groundwater concentrations of trichloroethene (TCE) entering the PRB were as high as 10670 μg/L. Treatment efficiency ranged from 81 to >99%, and TCE concentrations from <1 μg/L to 165 μg/L were detected within and hydraulically down-gradient of ...
- PubMed Central:
- Woods, Leilani L., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2014 v.468-469 pp. 186-194
- chromium; dechlorination; ethane; ethylene; geochemistry; groundwater; hydraulic conductivity; iron; longevity; trichloroethylene; vinyl chloride; North Carolina
- ... The fifteen-year performance of a granular iron, permeable reactive barrier (PRB; Elizabeth City, North Carolina) is reviewed with respect to contaminant treatment (hexavalent chromium and trichloroethylene) and hydraulic performance. Due to in-situ treatment of the chromium source zone, reactive and hydraulic longevity of the PRB has outlived the mobile chromate plume. Chromium concentrations exc ...