Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Xiangju, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2019 v.228 pp. 134-142
- Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus; Western blotting; antigens; chronic diseases; dendritic cells; endocytosis; immune response; liquid chromatography; microfilaments; porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome; protein composition; protein synthesis; receptors; signal transduction; swine; tandem mass spectrometry; viruses
- ... Dendritic cells (DCs) are potent antigen-presenting cells (APCs) that play an important role in inducing primary antigen-specific immune responses. Some viruses have evolved to specifically target DCs to circumvent the host immune responses for their persistence in the host. One example is porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV) that causes a persistent infection in pigs throug ...
- Wu, Xiangju, et al. Show all 17 Authors
- Infection, genetics, and evolution 2019 v.68 pp. 161-171
- Suid herpesvirus 1; amino acids; anorexia; etiological agents; farms; genes; histopathology; livestock and meat industry; mutation; piglets; sequence alignment; vaccines; virulent strains; viruses; weight loss; China
- ... In this study, we reported a moderately pathogenic pseudorabies virus (PRV) variant isolated from one Bartha-K61-vaccinated pig farm in Weifang, Shandong Province, China, 2014. The sick piglets in the farm were characterized by anorexia, weight loss and neurologic symptoms but did not die. Sequence alignment of the gE gene indicated that it belonged to a new mutated PRV strain and about 15% amino ...