Jump to Main Content
- Xie, J.T., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of food science 2007 v.72 no.8 pp. S590
- small fruits; experimental diets; Panax quinquefolius; diabetes mellitus; blood glucose; glycemic effect; mice; animal models; obesity; fruit juices
- ... Diabetes is a serious chronic metabolic disease and has a significant impact on patients' lives and the health care system. We previously observed that the organic solvent extract of American ginseng berry possessed significant antidiabetic effects in obese diabetic ob/ob mice after intraperitoneal injection. If American ginseng berry is useful as a dietary supplement, simple preparation and oral ...
- PubMed Central:
- Xie, J.T., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2006 v.54 no.26 pp. 9936-9942
- chemical composition; humans; Panax quinquefolius; plant extracts; saponins; steaming; colorectal neoplasms; temperature; cell lines; cell proliferation; apoptosis; anticarcinogenic activity
- ... This study was designed to determine the changes in saponin content in American ginseng berries after treatment by heating and to assess the anticancer effects of the extracts. After steaming treatment (100-120 °C for 1 h, and 120 °C for 0.5-4 h), the content of seven ginsenosides, Rg1, Re, Rb1, Rc, Rb2, Rb3, and Rd, decreased; the content of five ginsenosides, Rh1, Rg2, 20R-Rg2, Rg3, and Rh2, inc ...