Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Cai-Xin, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Atmospheric environment 2020 v.226 pp. 117404
- Gibbs free energy; aerosols; atmospheric chemistry; dimethylamine; environmental impact; kinetics; marine environment; particulates; quantum mechanics; sulfonic acids; sulfuric acid
- ... Field observations in a marine atmospheric environment imply the occurrence of significant concentrations of dimethylamine (DMA) and diethylamine (DEA) as well as methanesulfonic acid (MSA) in particulate formation. Among these particulates, studies on the interaction of MSA with DMA are well known; however, fundamental studies relating to the environmental impact of DEA on aerosol formation and i ...
- Xu, Cai-Xin, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Atmospheric environment 2019 v.219 pp. 117005
- acetic acid; aerosols; atmospheric chemistry; climate; dimethylamine; human health; hydrogen bonding; isomers; temperature; thermodynamics; weather
- ... Atmospheric aerosols are closely related to weather, climate and human health, and New particle formation (NPF) is a major source of atmospheric aerosols. Currently, some field observations and experiments indicate that acetic acid (HOAc) could be involved in NPF events. However, mechanism of acetic acid nucleation is still unclear. In this study, the low-lying structures and thermodynamics of ace ...