Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Chen-Chen, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Animal reproduction science 2019 v.205 pp. 52-61
- collagen; dietary supplements; gene expression regulation; genes; germ cells; goat breeds; lambs; males; semen quality; sequence analysis; spermatogenesis; testes; vitamin E
- ... Dietary vitamin E supplementation is beneficial to semen quality in different sheep and goat breeds. The aim of this research was to further investigate the effect of vitamin E in sheep on spermatogenesis and its regulatory mechanisms using RNA-seq. Thirty male Hu lambs were randomly divided into three groups. The animals received 0, 200 or 2000 IU/day vitamin E dietary supplementation for 105 day ...
- Xu, Chen-chen, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Animal feed science and technology 2018 v.236 pp. 98-106
- Medicago sativa; acid detergent fiber; alanine transaminase; alfalfa; average daily gain; blood glucose; body weight; crude protein; diet; digestibility; dry matter intake; feed conversion; forage; growth performance; lambs; males; metabolites; saponins; triacylglycerols
- ... Fifty Hu male lambs (aged three to four months with a body weight of 22.3 ± 0.15 kg) were chosen to study the effects of supplementation with dietary alfalfa saponins (AS) on growth performance, nutrient digestibility, and plasma parameters. Lambs were assigned to five groups with 10 lambs per group in a completely randomized design. Different diets were offered at a 50:50 forage to concentrate ra ...