Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Mengxuan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- BMC plant biology 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 185
- Passiflora edulis; biosynthesis; cDNA libraries; cold tolerance; complementary DNA; databases; desertification; dolomite; gene expression regulation; karsts; limestone; passion fruits; plant hormones; sequence analysis; signal transduction; soil; temperature; transcription (genetics); transcriptome; unigenes; unsaturated fatty acids; China; South America
- ... BACKGROUND: Passiflora edulis, known as passion fruit and native to South America, is now widely cultivated throughout southern China for its edible value, medicinal efficacy and ornamental properties. We have developed a cold-tolerant variety of P. edulis (‘Pingtang 1’) that can survive subzero temperatures and is highly adaptable in Karst areas. In this study, cuttings of ‘Pingtang 1’ were culti ...
- PubMed Central:
- Xu, Mengxuan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2019 v.249 pp. 1011-1018
- Cucumis melo; chlorophyll; crops; ferric oxide; fruits; iron; iron fertilizers; leaves; muskmelons; nanoparticles; nutrient deficiencies; plant growth
- ... Iron fertilizers are worthy to be studied due to alleviate the Fe deficiency. Different forms of iron oxide nanoparticles are selected to better understand possible particle applications as an Fe source for crop plants. In this study, we assessed the different effects of γ-Fe2O3 and Fe3O4 NPs on the physiology and fruit quality of muskmelon plants in a pot experiment for five weeks. Results showed ...
- Xu, Mengxuan, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2015 v.187 pp. 122-130
- cell division; climate; deficit irrigation; developmental stages; evaporation; fruit trees; fruit yield; leaves; pears; photosynthesis; physiological response; stomatal conductance; water stress; water use efficiency
- ... Regulated deficit irrigation (RDI) affects the physiological process of fruit trees. An experiment was conducted to evaluate physiological responses of pear tree to RDI treatments and its impacts on yield under desert climate in 2009 and 2010. Four water stress treatments consisted of moderate and severe (irrigated with 60% and 40% of pan evaporation, respectively) water deficit in the cell divisi ...