Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Yanglei, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- ACS applied materials 2015 v.7 no.14 pp. 7709-7716
- ethylene; histidine; ions; pH; polyethylene terephthalates
- ... A novel and simple design is introduced to construct bichannel nanofluid diodes by combining two poly(ethylene terephthalate) (PET) films with columnar nanochannel arrays varying in size or in surface charge. This type of bichannel device performs obvious ion current rectification, and the pH-dependent tunability and degree of rectification can be improved by histidine modification. The origin of ...
- Xu, Yanglei, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2016 v.120 no.31 pp. 17342-17347
- biomimetics; cell communication; equations; hydrogen peroxide; ion channels; mammals; models; monitoring; nanotechnology; physical chemistry; polymers; redox reactions
- ... Hydrogen peroxide (H₂O₂) affects biological processes by producing cellular signaling to regulate redox reactions in live cells. By redox signaling, Cytochrome C (Cyt C) in mammalian cells is especially distinguishable for H₂O₂ in controlling ion transportation in biological ion channels. To mimic the mechanism for redox-driven in biology, we modified Cyt C, which could bind H₂O₂, on polymer conic ...