Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Zhengning, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.633 pp. 1007-1011
- aerosols; benzene; cardboard; combustion; correlation; energy; field experimentation; monitoring; nitric oxide; nitrogen dioxide; oxygen; ozone; phenol; sulfur dioxide; volatile organic compounds; China
- ... Fireworks have been identified as one ozone source by photolyzing NO2 or O2 and are believed to potentially be important for the nighttime ozone during firework events. In this study, we conducted both lab and field experiments to test two types of fireworks with low and high energy with the goal to distinguish whether the visible ozone signal during firework displays is real. The results suggest ...
- Xu, Zhengning, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Atmospheric environment 2017 v.168 pp. 112-124
- Earth system science; alkenes; atmospheric chemistry; diurnal variation; emissions; gases; models; ozone; river deltas; tracer techniques; volatile organic compounds; China; Yangtze River
- ... Both anthropogenic emission and synoptic conditions play important roles in ozone (O3) formation and accumulation. In order to understand the influence of synoptic condition and holiday effects on ozone production in the Yangtze River Delta region, China, concentrations of speciated volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and O3 as well as other relevant trace gases were simultaneously measured at the S ...