Jump to Main Content
- Xuan, Bui Bich, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Environmental and resource economics 2019 v.73 no.2 pp. 697-716
- anchovies; bioeconomic models; economic costs; fisheries; fisheries management; marine protected areas; stakeholders; theoretical models; tourism; tourists; Vietnam
- ... This paper presents a deterministic bioeconomic model in which the creation of a marine protected area (MPA) is not only a fisheries management tool but also introduced in order to provide tourism amenity benefits. The theoretical model is illustrated with analysis of the Nha Trang Bay (NTB) MPA in Khanh Hoa province in Vietnam, where the anchovy purse seine fishery is considered. An amenity value ...
- Xuan, Bui Bich, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Ocean & coastal management 2017 v.145 pp. 35-43
- biodiversity; boats; conservation areas; employment; environmental quality; financial economics; fishermen; national parks; prices; surveys; tourists; willingness to pay; Vietnam
- ... It is well-known that operating within the boundaries of a national park provides commercial actors with the opportunity to charge a price premium, though this has to a lesser degree been demonstrated for marine protected areas. We estimate national tourists' willingness-to-pay a price premium for boat trips in the Nha Trang Bay Marine Protected Are, Vietnam, using a discrete choice experiment. Ou ...