Jump to Main Content
- Y. Le Guer, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Thermochimica acta 2011 v.519 no.1-2 pp. 59-64
- differential scanning calorimetry; energy; heat; mathematical models; phase transition; specific heat
- ... Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and numerical simulations have been used to determine some kinetics parameters of phase change materials (PCM). The heating rate affects the development of the DSC thermograms and also the apparent specific heat capacity of the PCM during the phase change process. PCM geometry has also a definitive influence on the DSC thermograms and on the apparent specifi ...
- Y. Le Guer, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2011 v.382 no.1-3 pp. 266-273
- castor oil; colloids; differential scanning calorimetry; droplets; emulsifying; emulsions; energy; mixing; nonionic surfactants; specific heat; supercooling; viscosity
- ... In this work, a differential-scanning-calorimetry (DSC) technique is applied to studying the thermal properties of highly concentrated oil-in-water (O/W) emulsions of two immiscible liquids (castor oil and water) with high viscosity ratios (3400/1 for O/W), similar densities (0.974/1 for O/W) and stabilized by a non-ionic surfactant. A low-energy mixing process was used to produce highly concentra ...