Jump to Main Content
- Yadav, Pradeep Kumar, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry 2018 v.6 no.32 pp. 5256-5268
- absorption; amino acids; blood serum; carbon quantum dots; catalytic activity; color; colorimetry; detection limit; enzyme activity; fluorescence; fluorometry; glutathione; hot water treatment; humans; hydrogen peroxide; hydroxyl radicals; kinetics; metals; monitoring; optical properties; oxidation; peroxidase; polymers
- ... Interest is growing in the development of artificial enzymes to overcome the drawbacks of natural enzymes. Herein, we have synthesized nitrogen–sulphur dual-doped carbon quantum dots (NS-CQDs) via a one-step hydrothermal method; the NS-CQDs possess excellent optical properties and a high fluorescent quantum yield (46%). Significantly, the NS-CQDs exhibited peroxidase mimetic enzyme activity withou ...
- Yadav, Pradeep Kumar, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry & engineering 2018 v.7 no.2 pp. 1923-1932
- Euphorbia milii; absorbance; amino acids; blood serum; carbon quantum dots; detection limit; glutathione; hot water treatment; humans; hydrogen peroxide; latex; oxidation; photostability; solvents; water solubility
- ... Herein a green synthetic route has been developed for the synthesis of water-soluble CQDs by facile single-step hydrothermal treatment of latexes of E. milii plant for the first time. This methodology is zero-cost; uses ultrapure water as a green solvent; does not use strong concentrated acid; and avoids the use of post surface passivating agents. The as-prepared CQDs exhibited excellent optical p ...