Jump to Main Content
- Yahya, Muhammad Syafiq, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of Asia-Pacific biodiversity(Online) 2019
- biodiversity; birds; cities; data collection; forests; habitats; landscapes; monitoring; rivers; roadsides; statistical models; surface water; tropics; urban planning; wildlife; Malaysia
- ... Large cities in the tropics often comprise a myriad of manmade and natural elements that influence wildlife composition. Based on a citizen science–based project conducted in 2015, this study examined the combined effects of landscape factors on the bird assemblages in Kuala Lumpur and its conurbation, Peninsular Malaysia. A total of 48 species including 2,599 individual birds were recorded; the m ...
- Yahya, Muhammad Syafiq, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2016 v.233 pp. 140-146
- Elaeis guineensis; Strigiformes; biodiversity; birds; crops; cultivation area; forests; habitat preferences; habitats; landscapes; linear models; plantations; roads; Malaysia
- ... The expansion of oil palm cultivation is recognised as a major cause of tropical biodiversity loss. In contrast to large-scale plantations, oil palm smallholdings being more heterogeneous may support greater biodiversity. This study examined the effects of local and landscape level variables on the composition of nocturnal bird species in Malaysian oil palm smallholdings. Using visual and aural po ...