Jump to Main Content
- Yamagata, Hideo, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Gene 2017 v.611 pp. 38-46
- Daphnia galeata; amino acids; clones; gene flow; genes; genetic variation; habitats; lakes; mitochondria; mitochondrial DNA; mitochondrial genome; phylogeny; Japan
- ... To characterize genetic diversity and gene flow among Daphnia galeata populations, the complete nucleotide (nt) sequences of the mitochondrial (mt) DNAs of D. galeata clones isolated from five lakes in Japan (Lakes Shirakaba, Suwa, Kizaki, Kasumigaura, and Biwa) were determined. Comparison of non-synonymous (amino acid altering) substitution rates with synonymous substitution rates of D. galeata m ...
- Yamagata, Hideo, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Development genes and evolution 2011 v.220 no.11-12 pp. 337-345
- Daphnia magna; RNA interference; dose response; double-stranded RNA; eggs; expressed sequence tags; freshwater; genes; invertebrates; messenger RNA; ovulation; phenotype
- ... Daphnids are small crustaceans ubiquitous in fresh water; they have been a subject of study in ecology, evolution, and environmental sciences for decades. To understand data accumulated in daphnid biology at the molecular level, expressed sequence tags and a genome sequence have been determined. However, these discoveries lead to the problem of how to understand the functions of newly discovered g ...
- Yamagata, Hideo, et al. Show all 69 Authors
- Science 2011 v.331 no.6017 pp. 555-561
- Daphnia pulex; biochemical pathways; environmental factors; gene duplication; gene expression; loci; multigene family; proteome
- ... We describe the draft genome of the microcrustacean Daphnia pulex, which is only 200 megabases and contains at least 30,907 genes. The high gene count is a consequence of an elevated rate of gene duplication resulting in tandem gene clusters. More than a third of Daphnia's genes have no detectable homologs in any other available proteome, and the most amplified gene families are specific to the Da ...
- PubMed Central: