Jump to Main Content
- Yamamoto, H.Y.
- Planta 2006 v.224 no.3 pp. 719-724
- phosphatidylcholines; diacylglycerols; oxidoreductases; enzyme activity; violaxanthin; chloroplasts
- ... Monogalactosyldiacylglyceride (MGDG) and digalactosyldiacylglyceride (DGDG) are the major membrane lipids of chloroplasts. The question of the specialized functions of these unique lipids has received limited attention. One function is to support violaxanthin de-epoxidase (VDE) activity, an enzyme of the violaxanthin cycle. To understand better the properties of this system, the effects of galacto ...
- Yamamoto, H.Y., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 1996 v.93 no.13 pp. 6320-6325
- Lactuca sativa; complementary DNA; oxidoreductases; nucleotide sequences; gene transfer; gene expression; Escherichia coli; enzyme activity; messenger RNA; leaves; violaxanthin
- ... Plants need to avoid or dissipate excess light energy to protect photosystem II (PSII) from photoinhibitory damage. Higher plants have a conserved system that dissipates excess energy as heat in the light-harvesting complexes of PSII that depends on the transthylakoid delta pH and violaxanthin de-epoxidase (VDE) activity. To our knowledge, we report the first cloning of a cDNA encoding VDE and exp ...
- Yamamoto, H.Y., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Plant physiology 1999 v.121 no.1 pp. 207-213
- plant development; messenger RNA; enzymes; thylakoids; antheraxanthin; light intensity; leaf area; zeaxanthin; gene expression; Nicotiana tabacum; chlorophyll; violaxanthin; leaves
- ... Violaxanthin de-epoxidase (VDE) is a lumen-localized enzyme that catalyzes the de-epoxidation of violaxanthin in the thylakoid membrane upon formation of a transthylakoid pH gradient. We investigated the developmental expression of VDE in leaves of mature tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum) plants grown under high-light conditions (in the field) and low-light conditions (in a growth chamber). The differen ...
- PubMed Central: