Jump to Main Content
- Yamamoto-Hino, Miki, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2019 v.512 no.3 pp. 584-590
- cultured cells; enzymes; glycolipids; loss-of-function mutation; mutants; plasma membrane; proteins
- ... Glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI) is a glycolipid that anchors some proteins to the plasma membrane. This anchoring is catalyzed by a transamidase complex (TAC) composed of five subunits: PIG-K, GAA1, PIG-U, PIG-T, and PIG-S (Fig. 1A). PIG-K and GAA1 are predicted to catalyze the first and second steps during attachment of proproteins of GPI-anchored proteins (GPI-APs) to GPI. GPI may be delivere ...
- Yamamoto-Hino, Miki, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2015 v.112 no.18 pp. 5809-5814
- Drosophila; glycosylation; homeostasis; immune response; inflammation; innate immunity; pathogens
- ... The innate immune system is the first line of defense encountered by invading pathogens. Delayed and/or inadequate innate immune responses can result in failure to combat pathogens, whereas excessive and/or inappropriate responses cause runaway inflammation. Therefore, immune responses are tightly regulated from initiation to resolution and are repressed during the steady state. It is well known t ...
- PubMed Central:
- Yamamoto-Hino, Miki, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Cell and tissue research 2009 v.336 no.1 pp. 137-147
- Drosophila; abscisic acid; adults; cell communication; concanavalin A; extracellular matrix; glycosylation; nuclear membrane; oligosaccharides; ommatidia; photoreceptors; polysaccharides; pupae; pupal development; secretory granules
- ... Glycosylation plays an essential role during development, in processes such as morphogen distribution, cell-to-cell communication, and extracellular matrix formation. Glycosylation is regulated during development in both a spatial and temporal manner. This study presents a detailed description of glycan distribution from late pupal to adult stages in Drosophila ommatidia by using nine different le ...