Jump to Main Content
- Yanakieva, Irina Z., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2017 v.174 pp. 948-959
- Lavandula angustifolia; anti-inflammatory activity; arabinogalactans; boiling; catechin; complement; epicatechin; esterification; flowers; macrophages; neutrophils; nitric oxide; pectins
- ... Two pectic (chPS-L1, chPS-L2) and one polyphenolic (chPP-L) fractions were obtained from lavender flowers after boiling water extraction, exhaustive removing of alcohol-soluble molecules and SEC. chPS-L1 (52.4kDa) contains mainly low-acetylated and high-methoxylated homogalacturonans (HG), and smaller rhamnogalacturonan (RG) I backbone fragments rich in 1,3,5-branched arabinan and arabinogalactan ...
- Yanakieva, Irina Z., et al. Show all 17 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2017 v.175 pp. 178-191
- Tilia tomentosa; acetylation; anti-inflammatory activity; arabinogalactans; complement; flowers; inducible nitric oxide synthase; macrophages; mechanism of action; molecular weight; neutrophils; nitric oxide; pectins; photosystem II; polymers; reactive oxygen species; silver; zymosan
- ... Silver linden flowers contain different pectins (PSI-PSIII) with immunomodulating properties. PSI is a low-esterified pectic polysaccharide with predominant homogalacturonan region, followed by rhamnogalacturonan I (RGI) with arabinogalactan II and RGII (traces) domains. PSII and PSIII are unusual glucuronidated RGI polymers. PSIII is a unique high molecular weight RGI, having almost completely O- ...