Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Luwei, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.99 pp. 254-261
- Lycium barbarum; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; betaine; carotenoids; diffusivity; drying; epicuticular wax; flavonoids; food plants; pulp; sodium carbonate; temperature; water content; China
- ... Wolfberry is an important medicinal and edible plant in China that is difficult to dehydrate owing to its dense pulp and epicuticular wax. Sodium carbonate (SC) pretreatment is an efficient low-cost technology that can help improve the wolfberry drying rate. To determine the effect of SC pretreatment on drying kinetics and quality changes during hot-air drying (AD), wolfberries were dried using AD ...
- Yang, Luwei, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Energy 2016 v.103 pp. 182-191
- air; atmospheric pressure; electric power; energy efficiency; heat; thermal energy; water temperature
- ... In this paper, the first public experiment on the CAES (compressed air energy storage) system with TES (thermal energy storage) is presented. A pilot plant using water as thermal energy storage working medium was constructed to investigate the performance of the CAES system with TES. An average round trip energy efficiency of 22.6% was achieved. Detailed analysis for a particular test was performe ...