Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Shuya, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2020 v.292 pp. 106832
- Gossypium hirsutum; agricultural land; arid lands; cotton; crop yield; desertification; farming systems; forests; land degradation; landscape ecology; landscapes; models; radiation use efficiency; shelterbelts; water resources; watersheds; China
- ... Land degradation/desertification occurs widely in arid lands and its outcomes are ecologically, economically, and socially negative. It is one of the most serious environmental problems that the world has to face today. The establishment of shelterbelts is an effective way to combat desertification and increase crop productivity in arid land farming practices. The ideal state of a farmland shelter ...
- Yang, Shuya, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Process biochemistry 2018 v.66 pp. 106-112
- cutin; butyrates; Candida rugosa; apples; cutinase; Komagataella pastoris; deinking; fatty acids; polyesters; Myceliophthora thermophila; waste paper; paper; genes; pH; hydrolysis; temperature; papermaking
- ... A gene encoding cutinase (MtCUT) from Myceliophthora thermophila was expressed in Pichia pastoris. The optimal temperature and pH for MtCUT were 30°C and 8.5, respectively. MtCUT showed high activities toward a broad range of p-nitrophenyl esters, and the highest specific activity was recorded for p-nitrophenyl butyrate. MtCUT hydrolyzed and broke down apple cutin into C16 and C18 family fatty aci ...