Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Xiao Ying, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Physiologia plantarum 2013 v.148 no.4 pp. 502-511
- binding capacity; cell walls; gene expression; genes; metals; pectinesterase; pectins; rice; root growth; root tips; toxicity
- ... The negative charges of cell wall pectin molecules attributed by pectin methylesterase (PME, EC 184.108.40.206) contribute to Al binding capacity. We examined the expression profiles of 35 members of the PME gene family in the root apex of an Al‐sensitive rice ‘Zhefu802’ under Al stress. While root elongation was inhibited by 40% after 3‐h exposure to 25 µM Al, cell wall PME activity and the abundance o ...
- YANG, XIAO YING, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2011 v.34 no.12 pp. 2138-2148
- Arabidopsis; Vigna umbellata; Xenopus; anions; barley; citrates; clones; corn; gene expression; genes; leaves; oocytes; plasma membrane; resistance mechanisms; roots; tomatoes; toxicity; transporters
- ... Al‐activated organic acid anion efflux from roots is an important Al resistance mechanism in plants. We have conducted homologous cloning and isolated Vigna umbellata multidrug and toxic compound extrusion (VuMATE), a gene encoding a de novo citrate transporter from rice bean. Al treatment up‐regulated VuMATE expression in the root apex, but neither in the mature root region nor in the leaf. The d ...