Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Yuntian, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Langmuir 2018 v.34 no.36 pp. 10613-10621
- aqueous solutions; biphenyl; chemical bonding; constitutional isomers; moieties; nanomaterials
- ... Rod–coil molecules, composed of rigid segments and flexible coil chains, have a strong intrinsic ability to self-assemble into diverse supramolecular nanostructures. Herein, we report the synthesis and the morphological control of a new series of amphiphilic coil–rod–coil molecular isomers 1–2 containing flexible oligoether chains. These molecules are comprised of m-terphenyl and biphenyl groups, ...
- Yang, Yuntian, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Macromolecules 2016 v.49 no.16 pp. 5912-5920
- aqueous solutions; atomic force microscopy; biphenyl; circular dichroism spectroscopy; liquids; moieties; nanofibers; polyethylene glycol; polymerization; solids; temperature
- ... Amphiphilic coil–rod–coil molecules 1–3, consisting of an n-shaped rod building block and poly(ethylene oxide) (PEO) with a degree of polymerization of 5 linked through a biphenyl unit as the coil segment, were synthesized. Molecule 1 self-assembles into lamellar and hexagonal perforated layer structures, in the crystalline and liquid crystalline phases, respectively. Remarkably, molecule 2 incorp ...