Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Zhiyao, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2020 v.260 pp. 114063
- Sphingomonas; ammonia; aqueous solutions; biodegradation; breeding; dynamic models; equations; estradiol; farms; pyridines; surface water; tetracyclines; wastewater
- ... 17β-estradiol (E2) often coexists with tetracyclines (TCs) in wastewater lagoons at intensive breeding farms, threatening the quality of surrounding water bodies. Microbial degradation is vital in E2 removal, but it is unclear how TCs affect E2 biodegradation. This primary study investigated the mechanisms of E2 degradation by Novosphingobium sp. ES2-1 in the presence of TCs and assessed the remov ...
- Yang, Zhiyao, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Resources, conservation, and recycling 2019 v.149 pp. 20-30
- copper; ecological footprint; electrochemistry; electronic wastes; energy; hydrochloric acid; hydrogen peroxide; laws and regulations; life cycle assessment; oxidants; rare earth elements; recycling
- ... There is an ever-increasing concern regarding the electronic waste (e-waste), which is the fastest growing waste stream in the world. Incentivized by various legislations and the intrinsic value of critical metals inside, recycling of e-waste is becoming an attractive business opportunity that also benefits the environment. A novel electrochemical recovery (ER) process has been developed as a prom ...