Jump to Main Content
- Yao, Chun-Kuei, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.685 pp. 710-722
- air temperature; cities; heat island; land cover; microclimate; models; prediction; public health; regression analysis; surface water; thermal stress; urban development; urban planning; vegetation; Taiwan
- ... The urban heat island effect in cities has become an important problem in relation to not only urban climate but also public health and urban planning. Tainan, which located in Southern Taiwan, is a compact city with intense development. Therefore, this study investigated the urban thermal condition by employing a high-density street-level air temperature observation network (HiSAN). A total of 10 ...
- Yao, Chun-Kuei, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.626 pp. 555-566
- air temperature; coasts; heat; heat island; metropolitan areas; rural areas; surface area; warm season; Taiwan
- ... The effects of urban heat island (UHI) have recently become a crucial issue. This study utilized a high-density street-level air temperature observation network (HiSAN) to understand the UHI characteristics in Tainan City. A total of 100 measurement points were established throughout the city. The average distance between two neighboring measuring points was 1.9 km in rural areas and 0.8 km in met ...