Jump to Main Content
- Yao, Tongyan, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2019 v.411 no.12 pp. 2481-2485
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; bioinformatics; soil; soil organic carbon; spectral analysis
- ... Spectroscopy, a powerful tool for analyzing material structure and composition, often encounters difficulties when investigating complex systems, such as soil and water. Here, it is hypothesized that bioinformatic methods based on the definition of the operational taxonomic unit can be applied to spectral analysis and to improve the resolving power of spectroscopic approaches. To test this hypothe ...
- Yao, Tongyan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2018 v.122 pp. 211-219
- bacterial communities; community structure; cropping systems; highlands; land use; microbial biomass; paddies; paddy soils; pot culture; rhizosphere; rice; roots; soil fertility; soil organic carbon; stable isotopes; upland soils; wheat
- ... Upland and paddy soils are two main agricultural land-use types. Differences in the transportation and distribution of root-derived C between these two soil types are of great significance, but given less attention. In the current study, a pot experiment with rhizobox (one root zone and four outer zones) was conducted in a continuous 13C-CO2 labelling chamber, cultivating rice (paddy soil) and whe ...