Jump to Main Content
- Yao, Yushi, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Cell 2018 v.175 no.6 pp. 1634-1650.e17
- CD8-positive T-lymphocytes; bacterial infections; bone marrow; chemokines; glycolysis; immunologic memory; interferon-gamma; lungs; macrophages; major histocompatibility complex; monocytes; neutrophils
- ... Innate immune memory is an emerging area of research. However, innate immune memory at major mucosal sites remains poorly understood. Here, we show that respiratory viral infection induces long-lasting memory alveolar macrophages (AMs). Memory AMs are programed to express high MHC II, a defense-ready gene signature, and increased glycolytic metabolism, and produce, upon re-stimulation, neutrophil ...
- Yao, Yushi, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- British journal of nutrition 2011 v.106 no.7 pp. 1052-1057
- adults; carbohydrate content; carbohydrates; diet; eating habits; energy; foods; glycemic index; grains; lipids; metabolic diseases; nutrition assessment; obesity; patients; proteins; China
- ... Metabolic diseases in China have been on the rise during recent decades. To investigate dietary glycaemic load (GL) and its correlation with the prevalence of metabolic diseases in hospitalised Chinese adults, we analysed the total energy and macronutrient intakes in 1040 patients. Dietary GL was calculated based upon glycaemic index (GI), carbohydrate content and daily intake of individual foods. ...