Jump to Main Content
- Yen, M.T., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food chemistry 2007 v.104 no.1 pp. 1-9
- phenols; extraction; plant extracts; free radical scavengers; water temperature; mushrooms; antioxidant activity; chelation; oxidative stress; protective effect
- ... Hypsizigus marmoreus (Peck) Bigelow (Tricholomataceae) is an edible mushroom currently available in Taiwan. The ethanolic, cold water and hot water extracts were prepared and their antioxidant properties studied. At 5 mg/ml, various extracts exhibited moderate antioxidant activities of 38.6-65.2% and their EC50 values were 3.74-6.59 mg/ml. At 5 mg/ml, the cold water extract showed a high reducing ...
- Yen, M.T., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International journal of food science & technology 2001 v.36 no.3 pp. 321-330
- starch granules; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; alkali metals; inorganic salts; lead; electron microscopy; potato starch; cations; anions; water content; temperature; application rate; calorimetry
- ... The interactions between potato starch and the salts of alkali-earth metals and lead were examined by using scanning electron microscopy/energy dispersive spectroscopy (SEM/EDS), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), 17O and 35Cl NMR. For the starch blended with saturated solutions of the salts, gel-like, shear-thinning or semi-solid appearances were observed in relation to the ion property of ...