Jump to Main Content
- Yi, Shuhan, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of food safety 2019 v.39 no.1 pp. e12574
- Areca; betel; betel nut; females; fibrosis; fruits; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; human diseases; intestinal microorganisms; intestines; leaves; males; mastication; mice; ribosomal RNA; tobacco; Asia
- ... The chewing of areca nut is closely associated with human diseases such as oral submucous fibrosis and immune related diseases. Recent studies have focused on the pharmacological and toxicological effects of areca nut chewing, and have largely overlooked the effects on intestinal microbiota. In this study, we sought to understand how different methods of areca consumption affect intestinal microfl ...
- Yi, Shuhan, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Animal nutrition 2018 v.4 no.3 pp. 294-299
- Areca; DNA; Neisseria; Rothia dentocariosa; Streptococcus; Veillonella; animal nutrition; bacteria; betel nut; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; mastication; mouth; periodontal diseases; saliva; species diversity
- ... To analyze oral microbial diversity in the saliva of 8 healthy individuals before and after chewing areca nuts. Saliva samples were collected before chewing areca nuts, after chewing areca nuts for 5 min and after chewing areca nuts for 30 min. DNA was extracted, and microbial diversity was examined using PCR-denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (PCR-DGGE). When examining DGGE profiles collecti ...
- PubMed Central: