Jump to Main Content
- Ylinen, M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Cereal chemistry 2000 v.77 no.5 pp. 562-566
- ascorbic acid; barns; calcium; chelating agents; citric acid; dialysis; dietary fiber; enzymes; glucose; iron; magnesium; malic acid; manganese; minerals; oat bran; oats; potassium; proteins; solubility; solubilization; starch; xylitol; zinc
- ... The solubility of mineral elements from oat bran and flake samples was studied by a method using equilibrium dialysis after enzymatic digestion of starch and proteins. The effects of six potential chelating agents common in food were tested on the solubility of mineral elements. The minerals studied were calcium, magnesium, iron, manganese, zinc and potassium, and the chelating agents were citric, ...
- Ylinen, M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 1990 v.38 no.3 pp. 695-698
- meat; fish; selenium; mineral content; Finland
- ... All agricultural multinutrient fertilizers in Finland have been supplemented with sodium selenate since fall 1984 in order to raise the selenium (Se) content of Finnish foods. Se contents of key foods have been monitored on a regular basis since the program began to chart the effect of the intervention. In the present study, samples of beef and bovine liver, pork and porcine liver, broiler, veniso ...