Jump to Main Content
- Ynsaurralde-Rivolta, Amada Eugenia, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Theriogenology 2020 v.148 pp. 140-148
- DNA damage; antioxidant activity; blastocyst; cattle; dimethyl sulfoxide; drugs; embryogenesis; extrusion; gene expression; genes; glutathione; in vitro fertilization; lipid peroxidation; messenger RNA; oocytes; solvents
- ... The molecule Dimethyl sulfoxide is widely used as drug solvent. However, its antioxidant property was poorly explored. In this study, we evaluated the effect of DMSO supplementation during oocyte in vitro maturation (IVM) on embryo development and quality. Bovine oocytes were matured with different DMSO concentrations (0, 0.1, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1 and 10% v:v) followed by in vitro fertilization. Sub ...
- Ynsaurralde-Rivolta, Amada Eugenia, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Reproduction, fertility, and development 2019 v.31 no.12 pp. 1805-1811
- apoptosis; blastocyst; extrusion; industry; intracytoplasmic sperm injection; mares; oocytes
- ... Assisted reproduction techniques (ARTs) have become widespread in the equine breeding industry. In particular, the combination of oocyte recovery from live mares followed by IVM and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) has increased markedly among the ARTs used with valuable or low-fertility animals. There is currently no consensus among research groups regarding the optimal oocyte maturation p ...