Jump to Main Content
- Yohannes, Degol Fissahaye, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2019 v.218 pp. 102-114
- Food and Agriculture Organization; attitudes and opinions; corn; equations; experts; extension agents; farmers; grain yield; irrigation scheduling; monitoring; rhizosphere; salinity; semiarid zones; soil salinity; soil water; yield components; Ethiopia
- ... Poor irrigation scheduling practices have been quoted as the major challenges for sustainability of small-scale irrigation schemes in Ethiopia due to complexity of scheduling techniques, cost and inaccessibility of soil-water monitoring tools, lack of various local climatic data and soil-water parameters. For local experts to easily schedule irrigation and to promote adoption by farmers, a cheap a ...
- Yohannes, Degol Fissahaye, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2017 v.191 pp. 16-28
- elderly; farmers; focus groups; households; irrigated farming; irrigation management; irrigation water; local government; seepage; soil salinization; surveys; water shortages; water table; water users associations; women; Ethiopia
- ... Poor irrigation water management associated with water scarcity is the major reason for underperformance of most small-scale irrigation schemes in Ethiopia. In order to devise appropriate measures for rehabilitation of the failing schemes and to enhance farmers’ adaptation capacity to water scarcity, it is important to assess site specific plot and scheme level water management practices, challeng ...