Jump to Main Content
- Yoko Ishida, F., et al. Show all 21 Authors
- Ecology letters 2019 v.22 no.3 pp. 506-517
- C3 plants; Earth system science; acclimation; carbon dioxide fixation; carboxylation; climate; data collection; leaves; models; nitrogen; photosynthesis; prediction; reproduction; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; soil fertility
- ... Earth system models (ESMs) use photosynthetic capacity, indexed by the maximum Rubisco carboxylation rate (Vcₘₐₓ), to simulate carbon assimilation and typically rely on empirical estimates, including an assumed dependence on leaf nitrogen determined from soil fertility. In contrast, new theory, based on biochemical coordination and co‐optimization of carboxylation and water costs for photosynthesi ...
- Yoko Ishida, F., et al. Show all 46 Authors
- Plant ecology & diversity 2013 v.6 no.1 pp. 101-137
- botanical composition; canopy; forests; grasses; models; overstory; people; remote sensing; savannas; shrubs; stand structure; tropics; understory
- ... Background: There is no generally agreed classification scheme for the many different vegetation formation types occurring in the tropics. This hinders cross-continental comparisons and causes confusion as words such as ‘forest’ and ‘savanna’ have different meanings to different people. Tropical vegetation formations are therefore usually imprecisely and/or ambiguously defined in modelling, remote ...