Jump to Main Content
- Yoneyama, Aogu, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Ecological informatics 2016 v.32 pp. 91-106
- cameras; canopy; climate change; color; flowering; image analysis; leaves; models; normalized difference vegetation index; phenology; reflectance; trees; tropical rain forests; Borneo
- ... We evaluated the usability of the red (R), green (G), and blue (B) digital numbers (DNRGB) extracted from daily phenological images of a tropical rainforest in Malaysian Borneo. We examined temporal patterns in the proportions of DNR, DNG, and DNB as percentages of total DN (denoted as %R, %G and %B), in the hue, saturation, and lightness values in the HSL color model, and in a green excess index ...
- Yoneyama, Aogu, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Chemistry in ecology 2013 v.29 no.6 pp. 540-553
- analytical methods; carbon; carbon cycle; forest ecosystems; humus; lignin; nitrogen; plant litter; researchers; vegetation
- ... Lignin is a major component of plant litter. In this review, we found lignin comprises a complex class of organic compounds whose concentration differs greatly both between and within plant species. There are many analytical methods for detecting the composition and structure of lignins. As lignins are enormously complex compounds, chemical assay is difficult and different methods vary with the re ...
- Yoneyama, Aogu, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of plant research 2013 v.126 no.1 pp. 73-79
- Formicidae; Macaranga; aerial parts; biomass; branching; defensive behavior; foods; herbivores; insect behavior; insect colonies; lowlands; metrology; ontogeny; population density; symbiosis; trees; tropical rain forests; Borneo
- ... Macaranga myrmecophytes (ant-plants) provide their partner symbiotic ants (plant-ants) with food bodies as their main food, and they are protected by the plant-ants from herbivores. The amount of resource allocated to food bodies determines the plant-ant colony size and consequently determines the intensity of ant defense (anti-herbivore defense by plant-ants). As constraints in resource allocatio ...