Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: sauro?
- Yoshioka, Saburo, et al. Show all 18 Authors
- Journal of medicinal food 2016 v.19 no.5 pp. 435-441
- Zingiber montanum; central nervous system diseases; diet; ginger; immunohistochemistry; memory; mice; models; neurites; neurogenesis; rats; sprouting; South East Asia
- ... Bangle (Zingiber purpureum) is a tropical ginger that is used as a spice in Southeast Asia. Phenylbutenoid dimers isolated from Bangle have exhibited neurotrophic effects in primary cultured rat cortical neurons and PC12 cells. Furthermore, chronic treatment with phenylbutenoid dimers enhances hippocampal neurogenesis in olfactory bulbectomized mice. In this study, we investigated the effects of B ...
- Yoshioka, Saburo, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food research international 2013 v.54 no.1 pp. 324-329
- adipocytes; blood glucose; cell growth; green tea; high fat diet; interleukin-6; mice; models; obesity; tap water; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; visceral fat; Japan
- ... Goishi tea is a post-fermented tea produced in Kochi, Japan. This study aimed to investigate the anti-obesity effect of Goishi tea by using 3T3L-1 cells and mice model. In 3T3L-1 cells, Goishi tea showed a significant stimulatory effect on fat decomposition compared with green tea. The C57BL/6J mice were fed with a high-fat diet to create a diet-induced obesity model for investigating the benefits ...
- Yoshioka, Saburo, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food chemistry 2013 v.138 no.4 pp. 2210-2218
- adipokines; cholesterol; high fat diet; metabolic syndrome; mice; obesity; tea; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; visceral fat
- ... This study investigated the influence of Goishi-tea on visceral fat weight in induced obese mice. Mice were divided into two main groups, normal and obesity. In obesity group, mice were fed with high-fat diet. Goishi-tea including its fractions (ethyl-acetate layer and water layer) was administrated in normal and obesity three sub-groups. Results showed no influence of Goishi-tea in normal group. ...