Jump to Main Content
- You, Zhongyu, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2019 v.103 no.7 pp. 2873-2887
- alkaloids; anti-infective agents; anti-infective properties; antiviral properties; bacteria; immunosuppression; synthesis
- ... Prodiginines are a large family of tripyrrole alkaloids that contain natural members produced by various bacteria and non-natural members obtained from chemical synthesis, enzymatic synthesis, and mutasynthesis. These compounds have attracted a great deal of attention due to their wide range of fascinating properties including anti-infective, anticancer, and immunosuppressive activities. In consid ...
- You, Zhongyu, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Preparative biochemistry & biotechnology 2018 v.48 no.3 pp. 226-233
- Escherichia coli; catalytic activity; experimental design; glucose; industrial applications; lactose; response surface methodology; statistical analysis; yeast extract
- ... PigC is a synthetase that catalyzes the condensation of 4-methoxy-2,2′-bipyrrole-5-carboxyaldehyde and 2-methyl-3-amylpyrrole to produce prodigiosin, which has a wide variety of impressive biological properties. In this study, we optimized PigC production from engineered Escherichia coli BL21(DE3). Investigation of different induction strategies revealed that autoinduction was the most appropriate ...