Jump to Main Content
- Yuan, Hongyong, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Engineering geology 2019
- acoustics; aluminum; computer simulation; copper; deformation; equations; landslides; monitoring; soil
- ... The deformation process of soil slopes observed during a landslide can have progressive characteristics, which can be quantified through acoustic emission (AE) monitoring. A model test is designed based on the geological model of a translational landslide, and experiments are conducted to reproduce the three-stage deformation process of a soil slope. The deformation process of progressive landslid ...
- Yuan, Hongyong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of environmental radioactivity 2017 v.178-179 pp. 36-47
- accidents; data collection; energy; monitoring; nuclear power industry; radioactivity; Japan
- ... Ambient gamma dose rate (GDR) is the primary observation quantity for nuclear emergency management due to its high acquisition frequency and dense spatial deployment. However, ambient GDR is the sum of both cloud and ground shine, which hinders its effective utilization. In this study, an automatic method is proposed to identify the radioactive plume passage and to separate the cloud and ground sh ...
- Yuan, Hongyong, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- air; burning; fabrics; fire fighters; heat tolerance; heat transfer; protective clothing; textile fibers; thermal radiation
- ... The thermal performance of firefighters' protective clothing entrapping multiple air gaps and exposed to low heat fluxes has been studied using a newly designed bench-scale test apparatus. Different air gap sizes (0, 2 and 5 mm), and entrapped positions within the multiple fabric system between the outer shell, the moisture barrier, and the thermal liner, respectively, were investigated at three l ...