Jump to Main Content
- Yue, Lixia, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- International journal for parasitology 2019 v.49 no.9 pp. 705-714
- Culicidae; DNA; DNA repair; Plasmodium falciparum; Plasmodium yoelii; clones; enzymes; gene editing; genes; homologous recombination; malaria; mice; monitoring; mutants; parasites; repetitive sequences; surface proteins
- ... CRISPR/Cas9 is a powerful genome editing method that has greatly facilitated functional studies in many eukaryotic organisms including malaria parasites. Due to the lack of genes encoding enzymes necessary for the non-homologous end joining DNA repair pathway, genetic manipulation of malaria parasite genomes is generally accomplished through homologous recombination requiring the presence of DNA t ...
- Yue, Lixia, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2009 v.106 no.17 pp. 7239-7244
- calcium; calmodulin; cations; cell death; inflammation; mutants; transient receptor potential channels
- ... Melastatin-related transient receptor potential channel 2 (TRPM2) is a Ca²⁺-permeable, nonselective cation channel that is involved in oxidative stress-induced cell death and inflammation processes. Although TRPM2 can be activated by ADP-ribose (ADPR) in vitro, it was unknown how TRPM2 is gated in vivo. Moreover, several alternative spliced isoforms of TRPM2 identified recently are insensitive to ...
- PubMed Central: