Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: emile?
- Yurtoglu, Emine, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Tetrahedron letters 2019 v.60 no.3 pp. 284-287
- acid hydrolysis; amino acids; beta-lactams; crystallization; enantiomers; ethyleneimine; moieties
- ... Enantiopure β-aminocyclooctenenitriles, as precursors of β-amino acids and β-lactams, were synthesized from a readily available chloroalkene nitrile and (S)-methylbenzylamine via a straightforward substitution reaction and purified by crystallization. Acidic hydrolysis of the nitrile groups to their corresponding amides followed by DCC assisted carbonyl group activation gave novel α,β-unsaturated ...
- Yurtoglu, Emine, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of organic chemistry 2016 v.81 no.10 pp. 4098-4102
- Lewis acids; carbon; organic chemistry; polymerization
- ... An amido cuprate formed from CuCN and LDA allows a general deconjugative α-alkylation of cyclic alkenenitriles. Deprotonating cyclic alkenenitriles with LDA-CuCN avoids polymerization that otherwise plagues these alkylations and generates a reactive metalated nitrile for alkylations with a range of carbon and heteroatom electrophiles. The strategy provides an effective synthesis of quaternary 5-, ...