Jump to Main Content
- Zaborac-Reed, Stephanie, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Palynology 2018 v.42 no.1 pp. 66-101
- Miocene epoch; Onagraceae; Pliocene epoch; Podocarpaceae; Primulaceae; Ranunculaceae; Urticaceae; canyons; clams; climate; flora; hardwood forests; minor elements; pollen; stratigraphy; thermophilic microorganisms; Alaska
- ... Pollen diagrams from three areas of the Kenai Lowland of Alaska demonstrate the pollen floras of the Clamgulchian Stage (∼8-2.5 Ma) of Late Miocene/Early Pliocene age. These sections, originally described based on their plant megafossils and pollen, are revisited for a more precise determination of their pollen stratigraphy. The floras from Clam Gulch on the west margin of the Kenai Lowland are co ...
- Zaborac-Reed, Stephanie, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Palynology 2012 v.36 no.1 pp. 131-151
- Alnus incana subsp. rugosa; Alnus viridis subsp. crispa; Alnus viridis subsp. sinuata; Betula; Carpinus; DNA; biogeography; fruiting; hybrids; internal transcribed spacers; pollen; processing technology; Alaska; Canada; Japan; Pacific Rim
- ... The three subgenera of alder (Alnus, Clethropsis and Alnobetula) are taxonomically distinctive, but how does their pollen match up with their gross morphology? This study links pollen characters with the taxonomic divisions of the genus alder based on nrDNA ITS sequence data. The value of the study is in the breadth of the taxonomic coverage of the three subgenera, as the samples per species only ...