Jump to Main Content
- Zaninetta, Luciano M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental science 2018 v.20 no.1 pp. 220-231
- DDD (pesticide); DDE (pesticide); DDT (pesticide); environmental science; hydrophobicity; isotope labeling; models; polychlorinated biphenyls; polyethylene; samplers; sediment-water interface; sediments; stable isotopes
- ... Passive sampling is becoming a widely used tool for assessing freely dissolved concentrations of hydrophobic organic contaminants in environmental media. For certain media and target analytes, the time to reach equilibrium exceeds the deployment time, and in such cases, the loss of performance reference compounds (PRCs), loaded in the sampler before deployment, is one of the common ways used to as ...
- Zaninetta, Luciano, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemosphere 2018 v.200 pp. 227-236
- DDD (pesticide); DDE (pesticide); DDT (pesticide); lakes; polyethylene; samplers; sampling; sediments; statistical analysis; surface water; Italy
- ... Laboratory and field studies were used to evaluate the performance of low-density polyethylene (PE) passive samplers for assessing the freely dissolved concentrations of DDT and its degradates (DDD and DDE, together referred to as DDx) in an Italian lake environment. We tested commercially available 25 μm thick PE sheets as well as specially synthesized, 10 μm thick PE films which equilibrated wit ...