Jump to Main Content
- Zevenbergen, J.A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Land use policy 2019 v.83 pp. 412-423
- agricultural land; case studies; habitat fragmentation; land tenure; models; politics; Ghana
- ... Land reallocation is an important step of land consolidation where farmland parcels are reorganised and redistributed. Most current land reallocation approaches focus on the technical aspects, at the expense of the social, cultural, economic, and political factors which are important on customary lands. This paper develops an approach for land reallocation to support responsible land consolidation ...
- Zevenbergen, J.A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of rural studies 2017 v.56 pp. 87-99
- food security; habitat fragmentation; information systems; land markets; land tenure; traditional farming; Ghana; Lithuania; Netherlands; Rwanda
- ... Land consolidation is argued as a tool for increasing food security. However, past attempts to consolidate Sub-Saharan Africa's rural customary lands disregarded the existing land tenure system, and actually undermined food security: land fragmentation, which supported the traditional farming system, was not considered a problem, and more importantly, the projects merely attempted to transfer West ...